1. Privacy and your personal data
- It applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our website at www.universalbusinessteam.com (“Website“) or in any other way (such as over the telephone or in an email). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
- All your personal Information shall be held and used in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Legislation“).
- If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: Privacy and Data Protection Officer, Universal Business Team, PO Box 478 Ermington NSW 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UBT Marketing Pty Ltd ACN 162 091 796 is the Privacy Officer and data controller of your Information for the purposes of legislation and is a company registered in Australia at 127 Bowden St Meadowbank NSW 2114 Australia.
2. What Information do we collect
- When you visit our Website you may provide us with personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number (“Information“). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
- by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a “Contact” form on our Website; or
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
- By communicating with us by telephone in which case we may record or monitor your calls and you consent to this.
- We may also collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
4. How do we use the Information that you provide to us?
- We use your Information in the following ways:
- To correspond with you when you have contacted us using the “Contact” form on the Website; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device.
- to carry out your requests
- to assist us with providing a better service to you and our members
- to inform you of things we believe you would be interested
- UBT may use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional material about UBT or the services and products offered by UBT. If you do not wish to receive promotional information you can contact us by emailing email@example.com at any time requesting that your name be removed from UBT’s marketing lists
- In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third party organisations:
- If they are acting on our behalf in the course of communicating or providing goods and services to you
- if we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we may disclose your Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
5. Your consent
6. How can you access your Information?
- You are entitled to access Personal Information that we holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or would not be otherwise permitted under the Legislation. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information we will provide you with reasons for the refusal
- A request for access can be done in any of the following ways to the Privacy Officer and data controller:
- Telephone: +61 1300010102
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to: 127 Bowden St, Meadowbank NSW 2114, Australia
- Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
7. Where we store your personal data
- Any Personal Information that is collected via websites or which is held on UBT’s computer systems is protected by encryptions for data transmission
8. Updating storage and security of Personal Information held by UBT
- UBT aims to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date
- You can update your contact and profile information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer on the number above or you may edit your UBT account information and preferences. If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we will permanently de-identify it or remove it from our system and destroy all record of it. UBT welcomes any changes to your details so as to keep our records up to date.
- We maintain high standards of security, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
10. Third party sites
- A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
- Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website.
- For further details on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org where you can find comprehensive information on cookie restriction and blocking for a wide variety of browsers.
- We use both first party and third party cookies. That is, both we and third party companies (for example, Google) set cookies through this Website.
- We use “analytical” cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our users and clients.
- We do not generally store any personal information that is collected via our cookies.
- A full list of our cookies can be found below.
By using our Website, you are deemed to consent to our use of the cookies described above.
3. Refusing Cookies
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies (see below for further details). Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
- You may also delete cookies at any time by going to the browsing settings on your web browser.
- For details about how to adjust your cookie settings in the following browsers, please visit the relevant link:
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Chrome – http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Here is a list of the cookies we use, their purpose and how long they will remain on your computer
|Name of Cookie||Purpose – why we or third parties set the cookie and what we do with the information collected||Duration – How long the cookie(s) are stored on your computer|